Our next guest is Mads Grummet, CEO of GirledWorld, an organisation that’s ewpowered more than 20,000 high-school girls lifting their aspirations towards careers in STEM. A passionate advocate for equality, Mads is the mother of 4-teenage girls herself & in this episode we cover everything from life as an early stage founder, changing careers & starting studying again, what it’s like to grow a business & how she thinks about leadership in the 21st century.
For this episode, a big thank you (& huge love) to MYOB for providing us with a beautiful recording studio! Enjoy this episode & as always, let us know what you got out of it.
#LifeIsJustABunchOfTuesdays … Don’t worry. That hashtag will make sense once you listen to the episode. Enjoy!
· “If I feel like something intrinsically is not sitting with me then I need to act.”
· “[For teenage girls] It’s really difficult to know where to find role models.”
· “Don’t accept systems as they are & don’t take status quo as the way things should be.”
· “I don’t need to ask for permission.”
· “How we spend our days is how we spend our lives.”
Note: Mads put a call out on social-media for teenage girls to share their stories about social media & received thousands of responses from around the world for the campaign, You Are Not Your Face. Keep an eye out for this book when it is released!
· Check out her website:
· GirledWorld WOW Summit 2019:
· Wade Institute:
· AIME leaving social-media:
· Rufus Black – A strong leader & influence on Mads
· Connect with Mads on LinkedIn:
Want to know more about girledworld 2019?
· learn about our International Women’s Day 2019 National Program with Virgin Australia here
· learn about our Future of Work programs with schools across Australia here
· learn about the You Are Not Your Face global storytelling project by teens for teens here
· watch this space for girledworld WOW Summit Geelong (Victorian State Government, Geelong Football Club + AFLW)
For more interviews with leaders like Mads, make sure you follow Campus Consultancy:
Join us again soon!